Monday, July 14, 2008

Cultural weekend

14 July, Monday -
At 145pm on Monday afternoon, I have got a fair bit done and now to head to the library. This isn't for me a 'fun-only' stop; during my 4th visit I'll need to get some research done to decide if this may be a place for me. Maybe for a while, or not at all.

13 July, Sunday -
After exploring much of downtown San Francisco, I found most non-commercial establishments were closed. Dolores Park was packed, however, and I bet the great weather played a big part in the makeshift rave tent, complete with speakers, DJ, and tables. Such an assortment of diverse groups dancing together is rarely seen, except maybe here.

12 July, Saturday -
A lazy day, after settling into an awesome hotel right in downtown @ 40/nite (+ parking...). Golden Gate Park was way laid-back, but I forgot how chilly it gets just after sunset, even here. Haight Street was a trip, but seemed like almost every square inch was owned. Bummer. I guess Corporate America really can market and manipulate all culture: war culture, consumer culture, culture of fear, ... even counterculture.

No comments: