Sunday, June 16, 2013

Panamaniacs!

 Sunsets and Shorelines

17 - 24 January 2013.

On a whim and by request did I make this brief dream trip a reality. I admit, I was less than enthused by the destination when I was first being convinced on the idea.  Though meeting up with my family - anywhere else but 'home' - was the real draw.

However, it wasn't long after arrival in-country until I found myself enthralled and quite tickled (yea, tickled. tickled silly.) by the obvious character that touches everything and everyone here - that of being adaptable, of being the willow rather than the oak.  It's a national character developed out of the tumultuous post-colonial history this country has borne, and the dynamic economy resulting from it's geography - and of course the paradisiacal natural environment.


The first series of photos, in no real particular order...

Of course I'm starting with a sunset photo - a few more are coming and I have to space them out.  Here, just one of man amazing sunsets enjoyed by the shoreline.

My younger broseph in the bro-mobile - all on the off-road path to nowhere.  Azuero Peninsula, Panama.


Walking along the Pacific shoreline, then looking inward - this idyllic river-side estate emerged from behind the river mouths' bend. Outside Pedasi, Panama. 


Rarely was I further from the sea than this during most of my week in Panama.  Whether to sleep, read, eat, relax, drink, or anything else - the 'meow' (definitely not 'roar') of the waves was not far....


...and later that day, I wasn't much further either.  About 12 feet away from where the above photo was taken; and maybe about as many more beers deep, too.


Here, a favorite photo of mine. "Saltwater Wedge" Azuero Coastline, Panama.


Navigating the manglar waterways - local style - on the coast-side of the Azuero Peninsula, Panama.


Packing up the truck at dusk, to head back to the semi-real world.  Somewhere, Azuero Peninsula, Panama.


My first digitally edited photo.. Ever.  Through the bro-mobile's rear window, as we head back eastward.  Azuero Peninsula, Panama.


Legitimate surf trekkers wrapping up after a weekend contest. Eastern Azuero, Panama.


Seaside lounging.  My brother, living the tough life..


...and me, getting us ready for an even tougher afternoon! Near Pedasi, Panama.


Not far from most of these other shots, and a sunset unadulterated by digital editing: "Session's Over".  Near Pedasi, Panama.







The photos laid out heretofore are taken with a Samsung Galaxy Nexus 
 Creative Commons License
These works by Tim Paez are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License

Instagram

No comments: