Monday, June 8, 2009

Asia, Part the First - Beijing, China

Continuing, in due time, this blog is a sincere treat - the theme of transience is one to which highest regard may be placed, for the sheer diversity in thought & action brought upon by its practical application. That is, I love to travel because I get to see & do cool shit; and I then write about it here.

This time, I explored the capital of China: Beijing.

20 -21 May 2009 - Plane departed San Francisco Int'l airport at 1330. First leg of flight took me to Tokyo, Japan; unfortunately the layover was short and would you know, I don't like to fly?
I landed in Beijing around 2220 Thursday night, and it seems its not going forward in time when the jetlag hits you hardest, but maybe it was Tim & friends' welcome that helped.


22 May 2009 - 2 Tim's, a Phillipine couchsurfer, & 2 english teachers leave Beijing on a 1.5hr public bus ride north to bungee jump, hike, & chill.

How long, and how much will it cost, for them to return after public transit stops running that evening (please specify units)?


After a decent hike, optional bungee jumping, cheap beers & street food, and a few incindiery homages, including one to an ancient Taoist shrine off a steep mountain path, with our conscience's cleared we handled a no-transit situation with the ease of seasoned voyageurs.
"American-style cigarette"

No comments: